Artiva Developer Position
Our ideal candidate fulfills the company needs by participating in Software Development Life Cycle phases to deliver features within the Ontario Systems Artiva RM and Artiva HCx solutions.
Our client has been in business since 1915 and is 100% employee owned through creation of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental and 401(k) with a company match.
· Analyzes multi-discipline business processes
· Gathers, and documents, requirements
· Designs, and documents, solutions
· Conducts testing to affirm pass or fail criteria
· Contributes to user training materials
· Conducts release, install, and activation activities
· Conducts corrective, adaptive, and preventative maintenance activities
· Administers database, and application, layers of Artiva solutions
· Works with Ontario System’s tools e.g., version, studio, terminal, and web
· Works with other tools e.g., ticketing, project management, and query tools
· Consults with requestors, and management, to communicate scope, status, and targets
· Complies with all company policies and procedures, and other duties as assigned
· 4+ years’ working as developer in Artiva solutions
· Advanced skill in administration of Artiva solutions
· Advanced skill in scripting for Artiva solutions
· Advanced skill in tool sets used to develop, and configure, the Artiva solutions
· Advanced skill in business analytics disciplines
· Advanced skill in report writing disciplines
· Advanced communication skills, written and oral, at all layers of organization
· Advanced knowledge of change, design, testing, and integration disciplines
· Advanced problem-solving skill, ability to independently resolve points of failure
· Ability to independently manage tasks under minimum supervision
· Ability to retain multidiscipline information from variety of business units
· Advance knowledge medical revenue cycle disciplines
· Ability to track current trends in development within the Artiva solutions
The position may be filled remotely.
Education and Training
A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, management information-systems, informatics or applicable years of direct technical consulting experience.
Demonstrated experience leading a small team and interfacing with customers.
Must be a US Citizen or legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Emprise Technologies, LLC was established in 1999 as a full-service solutions provider in the financial services industry. Emprise develops data handling and software solutions for many different industries. By combining our client’s business sensibilities with our technology, we produce products that allow companies to work more efficiently and effectively.
Emprise provides a rich benefits package that includes paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, a matched 401(k), and excellent health insurance. We offer a competitive salary package, with starting wage dependent on qualification.