Toledo, Ohio
+1-419-720-6982

Legacy System Migration

Legacy System Migration

Challenge

Our client in the financial service industry made the decision to convert to a new system of record. They made this decision because the new platform better met their needs, lowered their cost of ownership, was a more friendly GUI for their users and to pivot the company to be more successful in the future. Their challenge was no one in the organization knew the structure of the legacy database or how to extract the data, transform it and get it loaded into the new system, typically called ETL. Due to our relationships & expertise in the financial services industry, we were contacted to provide value, consult, meet or exceed timeline, be within budget and eliminate any other worries that most have when converting to a new system.

Solution

The Emprise solution was to design and develop an extraction framework based on the delivered fields and data types that would cover 90% of the fields. The remaining 10% we created customized code to the extract because they are user-defined fields that were needed specifically designed for our client’s business and were not pre-delivered. The data was be split between the Payment, Debtor, Client and Account Notes files for testing and eventually loaded into production.

Along with the technical components, we always want to be as transparent as possible with our client, which means assigning a Project Manager to conduct weekly progress update calls with the team and be clear on communication whether it be updates, successes or roadblocks.

The conversion was completed under budget, stress free for the client and the solution delivered weeks prior to the original due date. This allowed for more internal training and testing on the new system that originally scheduled. The company now has stronger command and more confidence in their new system.

Author Contact: Matt@emprise1.com

Please follow and like us:

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *